Monday, July 20, 2015

Aquaponics Gardening



Good morning folks! Okay, so here's whats going on here at the farm for the future. I'm David Mitchell, and I have a small farm here in Whitewright Tx.We are in the planning stages for setting up an aquaponics garden, that will be approximately 30'x70' long.  We will be raising Tilapia, catfish and bass and utilizing them for the fertilization of the garden that will include lots of water rich vegetables like romaine lettuce, collard greens and tomatos.

I think we are getting wiser about what we choose to put into our bodies today. Knowing that we can grow and produce far cleaner and healthier vegetables as well as maximize the growth rate, will not only save you and I money, but also make us feel better about what we are puttting into our bodies.

Aquaponics gardening is essentially a closed system that doesnt subject the produce to the chemicals and common diseases that are found in the soil. I'm doing a lot of work to make sure that we employ the best methods and make this a very fun and enjoyable experience. There are a number of aquaponic designs out there for you to choose from. I'm currently looking at two, one being the floating bed, and the other being simply four inch pvc pipe. I think this is going to be pretty cool and fun to do! As the process moves along I will keep you posted on the developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment